Resources for Children’s Ministries during COVID-19
These resources will be available for you to use. Feel free to share.
A book to help children understand death—and eternal life. Stevie loved visiting Grandma and Grandpa on their farm! Grandpa let Stevie feed the chickens and lambs and ride on the tractor. They always had so much fun together. One day not long after a visit to the farm, something went wrong with Grandpa’s heart and he died. Stevie had lost his best friend. He missed his Grandpa and wondered what it was like to die. Death is a fact of life and yet there is hope beyond the grave. Parents sometimes find it hard to communicate that hope to small children. This book was written with you, the Adventist parent, in mind. I Miss Grandpa tenderly tells a story of love, loss, and a butterfly that helps children deal with loss and understand the good news about those who sleep in Jesus.
Click here to read the book online.
- Creative ideas – download Noah’s ark and animals.
- Messy church
- Worship at home – creative ideas for all ages
- Parenting for Faith – aims to empower parents and carers to help their children connect with God in everyday life.
- Help with Homeschooling – With teachers and parents needing to support children’s learning at home, our Barnabas in Schools team is developing a range of free, creative primary RE activities for use in the home, such as this one on based on how foodbanks care for others during the pandemic.
- Sustaining older people’s ministry
- Holy Habits flexible discipleship approach
- 75 simple ways to share joy with your child during lockdown
- Colouring sheets from depicting sunshine and rest to drinking water or enjoying fresh air and a few more. Click here to download the sheets.
Interviewing children about Coronavirus – this video comes from Sweden.
Interviewing children about Coronavirus – this video comes from the Netherlands.
Interviewing children about Coronavirus – this comes from Hungary
Talking To Christian Children About The Coronavirus by Jessica Moon
A video you can share with children to help them understand the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and why it’s happening from a Biblical perspective
King’s Kid – Video series for Sabbath School by South Pacific Division Discipleship Department
In the middle of this pandemic it is good to know that, with Jesus, we can be ‘Calm in the storm’.
Join Arnie and his friends for Sabbath School tomorrow, get involved in Discovery Bible Reading and learn how to stay healthy as we fight this virus.
Saying Thank you to God by Karen Holford
A beautifully written and illustrated story on stewardship that will delight young children. It includes practical activities and suggestions that encourage children to want to say thank you to God. It is aimed for children aged 3 to 7. The book is available for purchase from the LifeSource Christian Bookshop.
Looking after God’s World by Karen Holford
What would it feel like to be God and make a whole wonderful world? What would it feel like if your beautiful world was ruined?
Tim and Susie wonder about these big questions while they build sandcastles on the beach. Join in their adventures when disaster strikes and they learn how to look after God’s wonderful world. The book is available for purchase from the LifeSource Christian Bookshop.
- Albanian – click here to watch the video
- Danish –
- Greek – Facebook page
- A video where a girl named Asia helps children and parents talk about Coronavirus.
- Sabbath School – Each new film is a surprising combination of perseverance and creativity of children, parents and young people from all over the country. All the films have been uploaded to the children’s YouTube channel.
- Portuguese – Click here to access the resources
- Russian – Click here to download the document
- Spanish – Click here to access the resources